In this tutorial from the Skills Up School team, we will learn how to draw a magical fire.
The secret to the magic is this: confident shape work + brush settings + a couple of blending modes – and the magic will happen! Let’s go)
1. Draw a quick sketch of the fire using a pressure brush
2. Work out the lines on a separate layer, add small details
3. Draw an even shape with the Pen tool, select it and add color stretches with a soft brush inside the shape
4. Add filter-blur-motion blur with the specified (in the picture) settings. Set the dynamics of the fire movement
5. Add brighter and warmer flares inside the mold using a soft brush and eraser
6. Increase brightness and saturation to the center of the flashes
7. On the layer in Linear dodge mode draw the yellow center of the fire glow. Sparks are outlined with lilac color using a soft brush, and the central part – with yellow color using a brush with hard edges and setting Transfer
8. Freshen the shape and enhance the glow on the layer in Hard Light mode
The flame is ready!